‘PR with purpose’ – join a different kind of communications agency
Make your passion for words count in this comms job of the future!
The childhood saying that ‘words cast spells, that’s why it’s called ‘spelling,’ captures how we feel about words: they are magic. Right now, Mkt. is seeking a purpose-driven communicator to join us in the new world of impact communications and work their magic on our clients in 2022 and beyond.
Mkt. was founded on the principles of doing things differently – for our team, our clients, and the world we live in. As a certified B Corporation, we see ourselves as commercial storytellers; committed to using our words to create stories that make a difference. Our collective vision has been ‘reimagining the journey, one story at a time’ and over the last 15 years we have worked with local and global brands to do just that. We are a collective of strategic thinkers who love a great story and using our voices to contribute to the greater good.
The world is changing rapidly, as so is our industry. More and more, organisations are looking to work with agencies who deeply understand ‘purpose’. People who know how to uncover it, shape it and share it with others. That’s us.
The kind of companies that will thrive into the future will be those looking for new and creative ways to play their role in using business as a force for good, and they will seek to collaborate with communicators who exhibit the highest levels of integrity and transparency in building purpose- driven brands and inspiring content.
When it comes to PR and Communications roles in agencies, the old “pay them as little as you can and work them as hard as you can” paradigm is over. We are about working less which means working smarter and collaborating deeply – this is reflected in our four-day work week and our #mktpgradedlife wellbeing program. We believe it’s time for us as communicators to use our powerful skills to create the world we all want to live in, and to align with world changing people and brands who want to come along for the ride, one story at a time.
About the role
We’re looking to welcome a values-aligned PR and Communications Account Manager/ Senior Account Managerinto our passionate team of communication strategists, designers and do-ers.
Through creative storytelling, content and campaigns, you will lead a dynamic team and manage a portfolio of clients across consumer and corporate industries, including a globally recognised premium appliances brand, an innovative FMCG brand and a consciously- led lifestyle and homewares brand, and more.
You will work across communication channels including media & public relations, circle of influence, events & activations, people & purpose – as well as contribute to internal communications, design & branding.
In this role you will;
- Be a valued and important part of our growing team, committed to using your story skills for good
- Work alongside client lead act as the day-to-day client contact for each account you manage
- Be responsible for managing account finances, planning, KPIs, resourcing, and reporting
- Work alongside your colleagues, to execute a robust communications and commercial storytelling programacross a variety of brands in the corporate and consumer space
- Lead and guide junior team members to ensure day to day work runs smoothly, and processes and workloads are regularly reviewed
- Inform and seek input from Directors and senior management, as needed
- Develop and drive strategic story-driven campaigns that promote business as a force for good
- Draft quality communications content across a variety of voices and topics including media releases, tailored pitch notes, social media captions, opinion pieces, influencer/media briefings, digital ad headlines, website/blog copy, eDMs, scripts and more
- Hold and nurture strong relationships with media, bloggers, and influencers ( preferably with a strong understanding of the traditional and non-traditional media landscape)
- Work closely with Mkt.’s in-house designer (visual storyteller) and be able to brief our talented team of sub-contractors to deliver additional aspects for your clients
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a PR or Communications Agency – while we all learn on the job and support each other to upskill, unfortunately, this is not the role to cut your teeth. We need you to hit the ground running, and so have previous experience in a PR and Comms agency – ideally 3 to 5 years’ experience, currently at Account Manager or Senior Account Manager level managing a mix of corporate and consumer clients
- An entrepreneurial spirit – be passionate about our clients and their businesses, keeping up to date on trends, events and the ‘next big thing’ (or person!) to add value and delight your clients
- A sharp, strategic and creative mind – you love coming up with new and innovative ways to tell a brand’s story and be able to absorb new information and draw insightful conclusions that are relevant to your client mix
- Outstanding writing skills – you enjoy writing and developing story ideas, press releases, pitch notes, website copy, and catchy eDM headlines
- Pitch perfect skills – don’t worry, you don’t need to be able to sing – but you will be a born pitcher and can conjure up a first-class tale for your clients. Whether it’s a story to media, an idea to a current or prospective client or influencer, and you relish the chance to in share your creativity and smarts on the phone or in person
- Super-human attention to detail – can spot a typo a mile away (we left one in this job ad – can you find it?), diligent with formatting, checks everything twice and routinely hits deadlines
- Social media savvy – it’s 2022 so you’ve gotta have a keen grasp of how to use social media (Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.) as a tool to create brand stories with influencers and press
What we can offer in your new job at Mkt.:
- A 4-day work week/hours (paid for 5) and a happy balance of work from home/office options (based in St Kilda)
- Award winning wellness program #mktupgradedlife
- Plenty of access to strategic leaders who give generously of their time
- The chance to work with like-minded and value-aligned clients on a wide range of projects and story lines
- Open and heart-centered team culture
- The chance to be part of a Certified B Corp – and participation in the broader B Corp community
- Family friendly employer – fur babies, plant babies and actual human babies are all part of the deal and we want to support you to do your best work
- Competitive above market pay rates, annual remuneration reviews as well as team building days, education and training, industry events and performance-based bonuses
If you are jumping out of your skin to apply because this sounds like exactly what you’re looking for in 2022, please email email@example.com with your CV and a note telling us why we would be a match made in PR heaven.
We look forward to hearing from you!