We all know sleep is an essential part of life, but how many of us achieve 8 hours a night?
Lack of sleep can affect productivity, our immune system, alertness and even our relationships.
We recommend trying these to achieve your best sleep formula:
1. Meditate – prepare your body for rest by lowering your heart rate, blood pressure and clearing the mind
2. Exercise – science has shown that regularly exercise improves both the quality and quantity of sleep
3. Limit caffeine – restrict your caffeine to before 2pm to allow 8 hours for it to leave the system naturally
4. Routine – develop a regular sleep routine of waking and going to bed at the same time every day
5. Restrict light – block out any light sources including windows and phones. Light is a signal to your brain to be awake
6. Essential oils – lavender and chamomile are proven natural sleeping aids. Try adding them to your pillow or spritzing your room before heading to bed